If you are looking to optimize your business using best SEO practices – you are in the right place. The details in this article will give you a sense of the need to SEO your business.
Search Engine Optimization ( SEO) is the method of growing the amount
and quality of website traffic though the results of organic search engines.
The quality of traffic refers to attracting visitors to the business who are genuinely interested in the products or services that are being offered. The quantity of traffic simply refers to bringing more legitimate clicks and searches to the website, and organic traffic is the kind of traffic which we don’t have to pay for. This optimization helps to enhance the visibility of the site which ultimately gathers more attention and attracts more customers to the business. Hence it can be said that SEO is the best tool to promote your business effectively on a digital platform. The future of SEO is bright and an essential component of any marketing plan.
Let’s unpack the methods and tools behind this way of marketing your online presence.
By analysing both your web and offsite content for the best search keywords, backlinks, SEO tools should enable your website to rank higher in search engine results making your site more visible to potential visitors. Over the last few years - the business world has made a massive move towards digital marketing and SEO tools are largely in demand for business promotion as it optimizes a website’s rank in the searches of genuine visitors and potential customers. It has become even more significant for those focusing more on business promotion through content marketing.
The emphasis on tools is of great importance because there is no other magical way around to place a website at the top of every single website search result page, organically. There are other ways to do so and the best of all is to buy a paid search ad spot through Google AdWords. This can put your website at the top of Google’s search results but with an indication that it’s a paid position and this would alter the reputation of the website and company. So to win more valuable and trustworthy customers - organic search spots the website ought to have a balanced and well organized comprehensive strategy in place.
SEO FOR SMALL BUSINESS
SEO tools play an important role in small business marketing. Small businesses have greater scope for building and developing their ladder of success but the path for them is often full of challenges and so to overcome these obstacles, SEO for small business comes into play. This helps the business gain more attention and publicity. There are various SEO practices that should be conducted every day for small businesses to obtain organic traffic, such as keyword analysis, competitor analysis, rank tracking, backlink monitoring, on-page optimization, on-site optimization, etc.
Doing manual work is not always possible and as a small business, we need the right SEO tools to save time and effort. While SEO tools for small business can’t guarantee success, they can help you achieve, monitor and amplify your websites growth and as such drive visitors to your webpage.
There are several factors which needs to be taken care of while planning SEO for small business. Let us look at those key factors or the tips to rank your local business.
1. PRICING – Startups or small business doesn’t have the free hand of investing at will all the time. There are certain limitations. So, it is advisable to be as cost-effective as possible and invest your dollars wisely.
2. SCALABILITY – SEO Tools must cater to the needs of small business and also be scalable to meet the future SEO needs of the business.
3. FUNCTIONAL – Try using software that covers a critical spectrum of SEO and in depth.
Great Tools For SEO
As a small business and startup, the company should focus on the best free tools for SEO. Some of the best free SEO tools are as follows –
1. Google Keyword Planner - This is one of the best Google tools for small businesses. Selecting the right keywords is the key to succeed in the small business SEO process. Keyword Planner tools help us to identify related ad groups and keywords that are relevant to our niche.
2. Google Analytics -. Being one of the best marketing tools for small business, this tool provides us with more number of features than we can ever imagine. Analytics provides insights on who visits our web page, most frequently viewed pages and how visitors land on our page.
3. Google Search Console - This is again one of the best tools for small business owners. Also known as Google Webmaster Tools, Google Search Console is perfect for monitoring what Google thinks about our website from the backend perspective.
TOP SEO TOOLS FOR BUSINESS PROMOTION
1. SEMrush – It is one of the most frequently cited tools and a marketing suite that allows users to evaluate their content and competitors alike with a sizeable keyboard database and backlink analysis tool along with some other features. “It can analyze your website on a full scale from SEO to SEM, content marketing, backlinks, SERP ranking, and social media,” said Shelby Liu, SEO analyst. “The tool works seamlessly with Google Docs, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console to fine-tune relevant keywords and create fresh content that keeps your business up-to-date.” One of its biggest strengths is its ability to figure out what competitors are ranking for.
2. Ahrefs – This tool which offers SEO and backlink analysis was at the top of marketers’ list last year. “While both SEMrush and Ahrefs have a lot of overlap, they each have unique quirks that make them valuable,” said Chris Hornyak, editor and SEO analyst at digital marketing firm The Content Factory. “In my experience, SEMrush tends to be better when it comes to keyboard research and technical analysis between domains, while Ahrefs tends to be better at analyzing backlinks.”
3. Serpstat – This SEO tool offers features which weren’t combined before including rank distribution, historical data for rankings and backlink analysis. The best thing is that it collects data all the time 24/7.
4. Screaming Frog – It is named after a frog that stood up for itself after being cornered by two cats.” The aforementioned SEO Spider, this SEO crawling tool, was designed to be used by SEO’s to collect data, identify technical problems, and provide a basis for suggestions for onsite SEO. McGovern says, “A Screaming Frog audit shows all elements on a site, meta information, status codes and a great deal of technical information including canonicals, and much more,”. She points to the ability to create fully customizable XML sitemaps and image XML sitemaps as a, particularly valuable feature. She also believes that in the age of e-commerce and image search, an image XML is invaluable. Jim Milan, communications and SEO manager at retailer Auto Accessories Garage, said his favourite feature is Screaming Frog’s Link Score, which makes it easier to identify when a page does not have enough link equity. He further says if a particular page is not in the top rankings, it is easy to analyze it’s Link Score and compare it to similar pages on the site that are ranking well to determine if it requires more internal or external links built to it.
5. Sitebulb - In addition to Screaming Frog, Cooper Hollmaier, technical SEO manager at digital marketing agency Visitor, said he has had “great success” while using Sitebulb to ease the workload. The quality which stands out is that it offers a lot of value for agencies with many clients. In addition to listing internal pages and their status codes, as well as meta information, duplicate content issues, internal and external links and header information, she said Sitebulb provides information about anchor text, content readability, and top linked pages, along with a crawl map with linked pages—and Sitebulb presents all of this in “an easily digestible visual format”. Hornyak fell in love with Sitebulb because he said it helps dig up specifics about how a site is being indexed and if any technical issues are lurking under the surface. But according to McGovern, Sitebulb has drawbacks in file sharing and audit comparison.
6. Majestic – Majestic has the planet’s largest link index database, which includes nearly 487 billion unique URLs crawled from August to December 2018 alone. It helps users to explore URLs in depth and to assess the search score for backlinks and gauges. Marcus Miller, head of SEO and digital marketing at the Bowler Hat UK agency, said it is his go-to link index for research into competitors and finding possibilities in any given room. That includes commercial cargo too. Christoph Seitz, co-owner of commercial cargo shipper CFR Rinkens said, “It will be extremely helpful for analyzing backlinks and figuring out whether or not we should be approaching certain websites for link acquisition. We can enter our competitor’s website, and it will give us a complete list of every site that’s linking to them. From there, we can figure out which links we have the opportunity to replicate”. Further, it also provides great ideas for how we can improve our strategy. Seitz believes that Majestic’s Clique Hunter which seeks out domains that link to multiple sites within a vertical is particularly valuable. All the users have to do is enter a few of your competitor’s websites and it will show you other sites that link to them but haven’t linked to you yet. This is a very productive way of uncovering new connection building opportunities.
7. BuzzStream – This is a web-based software which helps marketers promote their products, services, and content to build links and, as its name implies, buzz.
8. Mailchimp - Several marketers said that they rely on Mailchimp for email marketing and internal communications. Masterson says that popular software allows users to create unique and effective email campaigns, assess the data, and make the necessary adjustments. In addition, Mailchimp can also help create social media advertising, build persuasive landing pages, and draught useful forms of sign-up.
9. HARO - HARO stands for ‘Help A Reporter Out’ and is another free service excellent SEO tool. For journalists, it is a sourcing tool, but it also allows advertisers find ways to quote on specific topics. In terms of establishing relationships with journalists and bloggers and having those high-authority references and backlinks from broad and mainstream publications, HARO is perfect for us. This was also believed by Shelby Rogers, content marketing manager at Solodev's content management system, when she used the service as part of a broader link-building strategy, resulting in a tenfold increase in organic traffic. She adds, “HARO was a great way to build links and establish authority, especially for Google. It also led to several excellent partnerships between niche industry publications. Reporters have reached out directly to us several times to get our company’s input, and those relationships have done a lot to establish us as reputable voices within CMS and web development.”
10. Google Search Console, Lighthouse – This is one of the most frequently overlooked and free tool from Google and is also seen as “a treasure trove of information”. Miller pointed to Google Search Console and said it a free service that allows webmasters to see how many people are visiting their sites, how they found them, which pages are most popular and whether visitors are on mobile or desktop. Search Console also helps find and fix site errors.
SEO can help you to answer Marketing Questions for every Business.
In todays’ world every business is available on the internet. The future of SEO is as bright as the sun. The world now belongs to digital marketing. Every organization now wants to promote their products and services digitally as the modern world lives online. So the best way to promote your business in Australia is to SEO your business.